Sunday, October 29, 2006

PRE EXISTING

the mist lifted
his outline remained
was it a shadow?
or some ethereal substance..

From far away
he looked as if made of metal;
strong, stable
beckoning me
into his arms..

i ran,hands fastened around my skirt
for days i was running for this
searchin for my soul's image
its likeness
which was its only compliment
which made it complete,whole....

famished,tired,sleepless
every atom of life remaining was transferred
to my limbs
they ran fast
towards him
he was standing ;
firm,
smile reassuring,
welcoming me back home
until..

panting,i discovered he wasnt there
not a trace of him
the thin string of breath
that had sustained me till now
broke,
i fainted,
collapsed,
ready to surrender
to death's army


and then...

i opened my eyes
felt his arms around me
his kind eyes looked into mine
infusing me with life
my blood warmed
my glassy eyes
were restored their former vitality
kiss
my life

returned.
this time,fuller.

1 comment:

greatestguns said...

yet another beautiful piece of writing wth a beautiful theme behind...*claps*