Friday, March 30, 2007

what matters really

what really matters in life are things ,dominantly considered as inane,needless,trivial,insignificant and immaterial in the so called 'real world'.'the real world' is an often misused,abused and reused word in d vocabulary of unerring parents.

'parents' constitute an integral part of existence,especially for those who live with them. Time , since after the 7 days of creation, has borne testimony to the fact that things often considered useless by parents acquire an uncanny importance in the life of children.in the life of 'us'.

moving away from conjectures, a few examples shall fruitfully elucidate my implications.

1) ordering honey chicken on phone. recieving chilli chicken . turns out the specificity of the 'type' got lost in translation.lost in translation when word was passed to mom, from mom to dad and from dad to the fast food guy at d other end of the phone. your protests are supressed with a '' what the hell does it matter really..'' . pfffbttt!

2)listening to Keane and floyd during breakfast.its a prescriptive must for me. supplies me with 'extra nutrients'. soft headbanging and various other types of twists and nods are met with amused glares. mom speaks more when my headphones are jammed in my ears.she confessed it is done deliberately.

3) extremely bitter coffee. cannot consume coffee in any other way. when self service can be avoided, mom volunteers. coffee with extra dollops of sugar is handed over to me.till then its fine. the cup is lifted subtely and i tilt the contents absentmindedly into my mouth. shock. splutter. disgust. An absolute refusal to continue.Mom shoots back. ''its coffee all d same, have it or leave it,u r NOT gettin another cup..'' .compelled by a lethargic existence, and a morning that just began..i consume.

4) a new handset. my nokia 2600 has started supplying me with an ancient aura. it is used meekly and slyly with blackberries,N92s, motorazors thronging the world around me.i feel old.very old.parents fail to empathize. they dont see the point on my shamestruck face after misplacing a v3i. they dont c how ''accidents can just happen''
. sigh.

21 comments:

Aastha said...

I couldn't agree more with the fact that I love and hate my parents at the same time. Sometimes,I want to run away and sometimes I miss them so much but feel helpless because I can't hug them.

Puja said...

Oh dear god. That's all wrong. Chilly chicken when you ask for honey chicken? I swear, if mankind can't get this right, there's no reason to go on.
P.S this is your best post, according to me

Agonizing Albatross said...

What's with the world??? PEOPLE (read Puja, Poky and Satan's progeny), must you obssess over chicken???????

Agonizing Albatross said...

This one's for PUJA:
I meant "obsess". Typing mistake. Please forgive, if possible.

kanika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kanika said...

@silence me deaf- hav always loved em. the absurdities they commit are just comic at times!

@puja- thankoo! btw i suspect this has somethin to do with mentioning chicken,nay,TWO types of chicken..

@manjari- yes.chicken has me obsessing over it.cant blame Puja either. wanna try Manj??

@manjari- u freak ,all comments here MUST BE ADDRESSED TO ME.get it?! better watch out now!*glares*

MeMyself_n_I said...

hey, i happen to LIKE chicken. in fact, 'like' is a terrible terrible understatement. and seeing chicken being talked about so frivolously hurts. :-p

and yes, my parents worry me a little bit sometimes.

Puja said...

Manj, duly forgiven. You see when one is willing to correct oneself, I have no problem.
Also I would like to know why you've stopped commenting on my page.
Feel free to address comments to me here if you want. Ignore kanika. This IS after all a public site.

kanika said...

@puja- *shrugs* do what u want here! will tackle you in person.. heard of the 'classic rib punch and puncture'? was invented by Spartans.i hav mastered it.

kanika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kanika said...

@Tania- yea baibeh..loadsa chicken lovers here! can kill for a bit of fried juicy chicken. btw some ppl start bearing an uncanny semblance to chicken out of compulsive chicken hogging.beware.(Puja,a friend,happens to be a case in point)

Sahil Chopra said...

hmmmm....well...loved the coffee bit...the sippin the sugar dumped coffee part...coffee aint coffee if it aint strong...

Anonymous said...

ok, got the point, u got a nu handset
:)

whts nxt?

iPod :P

kanika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kanika said...

@sahil- u know m particularly touchy about coffee.

@anony- no one got me a new phone.n if ud read my post again,ud realize dats precisely wat m complainin about!!

Anonymous said...

life'd be so much easier...if only 'they' could agree wit our conceptions of right n wrong...the "we want the best for u" attitude screws the whole scene up totally...anyway..love em or hate em u still have to deal wit them...
-sahil

kanika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kanika said...

@sahil-yeah baibehh..bingo!

Amandeep Singh said...

Well been away from homw from las 5 years..So when I come home..its all perfect...just perfect...and when it is about to get an iota away from perfect ..I leave...Perfect aint it...

Reminds me the time I lost ma cell...I had one shit set..lol man...
nicely written!

Prakriti said...

hey.. lol! i, like most people here, totally empathise with you.
but what blackberries and n series are u talking about, it couldn't be college you are refering to. most of us there share much the same fate when it comes to mobile phones.
and I KNEW you'd pulled at the wrong strings in puja's heart the moment i read honey chicken.and for some one to confuse it with chilli chicken is heresy.
monj... u deprived vegetarian... (i have nothing more to say)
the rest is also good, awesome. come, visit my page sometime.

Twisted Whispers said...

i jus lyk ya stuff..ya write it all beautifully...will surely comeback n read more o ya!!!!cheers!