Monday, January 01, 2007

As i sit in the dark room
with a candle in front of me
my eyes illumined
i look at you

apprehension darkens your face
a drop of sweat trickles down
youve never seen anyone like me before
your muscles tighten in speculation

the walls start revolving
slow at first
and then fast
so fast that your head starts aching
everything seems hazy
except my face

transfixed,
my eyes pierce into yours
painfully penetrate
and then your eyes notice
a halo diffused around my head

my eyes soften
a smile spreads across my face
i get up
and walk slowly across the room
to you

i position myself
right in front of you;
you look up
perplexed,
take my hand
and pull me down

you look into my face
i look ethereal to you
but no
m less than human
you cant see that as yet

and then
i put my trust in you
like a baby
surrender compeletely
wholly
you stand up
and try to pull me along

i get up
but...
no,i couldnt stand with you
my autonomy existed only in my difference
from you
so i ran
ran away
out of this room
leaving those walls behind
ran
ran for my life
far away

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dunno why....i quite liked this one...i liked 'seeing' it in my mind's eye...beautifully written,kudos!! -alam

Anonymous said...

i loved the ending...way to go!

but running away is easy...dont live with ur head underground...like me...face ur fear!

iam talking crap again
-aazar

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

fer how long will she keep running??there's gotta b a point when she'll b tired of running and may wanto go back....n get over her fear of losing autonomy.... it so happens dat i can perfectly relate to this one...most of us ARE quitters.

greatestguns said...

oof
how could u put this in words

m impressed

Twisted Whispers said...

hmm..so lifes been rude to ya aswell..lemme tell ya d guy who ditched me...i met him online...so ours is a vry similar story..i jus read ya blog...n i think ya write realy well...its truely wonderfull...cheers

Anonymous said...

while running, look around. liked it